Consultancy services are offered on complex assignments or as support to our software users. We also have agreements with some industrial groups such as ITER to offer specialized services. This includes
1. Design to prototype modeling as design engineer can exchange model information and results with Fluidyn consultants through our fluidyn-CAE software, a CAD based geometry model.
2. Environmental & industrial risks modeling services are offered for atmospheric or water pollution, risk analysis for process failure, process modeling to mitigate the pollution risk
3. Services of academic research partners, working normally on Fluidyn software development, to help in special cases
4. Development & inclusion of modules with special physics at internal consultancy rates.
5. Supporting consultants offering services with fluidyn software at our internal consultancy rates
6. Quality assurance of studies by a consultant from another technical centre to ensure fresh assessment
7. Direct link to software development team on any queries on the algorithms or software.
FLUIDYN clients have at their service more than 50 consultants in many disciplines of multi-physics and environment modeling. Just as in the real world, the various disciplines of physics modeling are no longer separated and form a complete set of interconnected areas. Fluid flows are closely related to heat transfer, structural deformation may be a direct result of fluid impact, etc. In the same way, an industrial accident will be a consequence of a process failure and often cannot be decoupled.
Each member of the FLUIDYN technical centers is in constant touch with the rest of the team through intranet. This horizontal structure of the company achieves several goals:
- Faster response at all stages
- Better understanding of a complex multi-physics problem
- Common pool of knowledge which ensures a homogeneous quality no matter who is running the case
- A faster bug identification and correction process
- Integrated Quality assurance done daily by another engineer at other centers
For R&D projects, we offer:
1. State-of-the-art methods and know-how by multi-pronged team
2. Close contacts with academic world who also assist in software development
3. Commitment to excellence by 2 decades long continuous R&D investment
4. Reputation for tackling challenging cases and never leaving a project half finished
We also have an internal mobility program whereby engineers working on software development are required to work in consultancy and vice versa to ensure cross culture of domain knowledge of physics and of numerical methods. This gives our engineers a unique insight in the numerical method for their advantages/ limitations for any engineering application.
For large projects such as involving fluid flow heat exchange with structures or fluid/ structure interaction, engineers from different disciplines such as stress analysis & CFD can develop and test-run parts of the same model separately and then run the whole model jointly.
When working on a consultancy assignment for a client, we offer him our Pre- and Post- processor software fluidyn–CAE free to, It helps them define the problem directly on the geometry model and also comment on the results on daily basis without waiting for formal reports. Thus ensuring that model data conforms to your problem and results are immediately available to you.
Some sample areas of consultancy are:
- Fluid flow with heat transfer (fluidyn-NS & CHT)
- fluid flow, with heat transfer and fluid-structure interaction (fluidyn-NS-CHT-FSI)
- Fluid-Structure interaction with electromagnetism (fluidyn-FSI-CHT-EMG)
- Simultaneous multiple flow regimes: incompressible flow with localized shocks
- Heat conduction & thermal stress in complex structures with convection and radiation
- Coupling of acoustic and structural modes on flow in process
Some of the typical studies undertaken are:
- Sloshing of Compressible Fluid with surface tension.
- Opening of security valve.
- Thermal analysis of Petrochemical risers and Heat Exchangers.
- Heat Exchanger with very long pipes in a domestic waste-heat incinerator.
- Conduction and Natural Convection over electronic chips and motherboards.
- Flow of a thin liquid film on the wall of a tube against a counter-current gas stream.
- Crack propagation in reactor structure.
- Free surface flow with surface tension.
- Source calculation for pipeline and storage tank leaks interactions and coupling.
In Environmental & Risk consultancy:
- Urban Air quality modeling,
- Industrial pollution Impact
- Surface water pollution, ground water pollution,
- Ventilation of confined spaces like: mines, big factories and offices, road/ rail tunnel
- Qualitative and Quantitative risk assessment
- Failure modes and effect analysis
- Dispersion & Consequence modeling
- Fire propagation and explosion.
Some of such areas are done with our unique specialized software designed for these applications
- Industrial Pollution impact on air quality analysis (with fluidyn-Paneia)
- Road traffic air Pollution & Urban air quality (with fluidyn-Panroad, fluidyn-Panair)
- HVAC, Ventilation & temperature in industrial buildings and hospitals (fluidyn-Ventclim)
- Emergency planning and response for Dispersion of gas, particles and aerosols, pipe/ tank rupture & pool evaporation, stack emission, fire & smoke dispersion(fluidyn-Panepr)
- Leak, Explosions, liquid and solid fires on offshore platforms, refineries (fluidyn-Ventex)
- Pollutants & smoke diffusion, in road/ rail tunnels, underground-stations, (fluidyn-Ventunnel)
- Ventilation of coal & Uranium mines (fluidyn-Ventmine)
- Surface and ground water pollution (fluidyn-Flowsol)
- Industrial effluents transport and dilution, erosion, deposition and dispersion of sediments and particles, radioactive waste (fluidyn-Flowsol)
- Monitoring hydro graphic network for floods (Flowsol)
- 2-D / 3-D surface water hydraulics, effluent discharge (fluidyn-Flowsol)
- Oil-slick movement (fluidyn-Flowsol)
Risk Analysis & Accident management Support (COMAH): for Petroleum, hazardous chemical, Agro processing industries, Explosives and petroleum storage sites, Emergency planning & response is prepared based on our software for identifying accident sceanrios, verification of the extent of an accident and then predict likely consequences in real time.
To cater exclusively for petrochemical, fertilizer and other chemical industry, where the potential of risk is high, we have specifically developed software modules for Risk Analysis and Planning. Risk Assessment Study done with above package, generates a safety report based on a quantified risk analysis of most of the potential "Major accidents" we can imagine to occur on a site or plant and defining preventive and curative solutions, protections and intervention means, in order to limit and reduce all loss aspects like:
4. Business interruption
5. Consequences on the environment
6. Quality of the products
7. Company and public images.
The risk assessment screening study undertaken by us is done using our software fluidyn Assess Risk which is based on TNO & UFIP (Union Française d'Industrie Petroliere) methodology and expertise and validated by INERIS. For certain critical scenarios then our software fluidyn-PANEPR or fluidyn-Ventex are used for detailed quantitative analysis.
Objectives of Risk Assessment study
- Identification of safety relevant areas of industrial premises
- Identifications of the hazard sources
- Consequence calculations of major potential accident zones.
- Identification of the emergency plan distance (evacuation of the population)
- Identification of the critical systems at the origin of potential major accidents
- Determining the magnitude of potential major accidents
- Assignment and assessment of the prevention, control and mitigation measures
- Real time support for predicting the unfolding of accidents